marți, 12 august 2008

Seaside Stars - The Magic of Stereo (2001)



“Every so often, I'll get a cd from a band I'd never heard or heard of, and put it on, and instantly love it. That can't even begin to describe this disc. I put this on, and by the third song, it's already in my year's top ten. This is the jangle pop record of this new decade, and probably the best melodic guitar pop band I've heard since East Village (with the possible exception of Brideshead, though I may like these guys more). There is absolutely nothing bad I can say about this record, so I guess I'll just continue raving... The guitars: perfect sound, mixing crystal clear guitars with ever-so-slightly distorted rhythm guitars, that occasionally break out louder for the breaks. The music is generally upbeat and always moving. The vocals: sunny male vocals with lots of heavenly harmonies and backing vocals. Think East Village, Teenage Fanclub, Speedboat... take the best bits of all and you'll have "The Magic Of Stereo". All of this comes from two German fellows, and I really can't wait to see what they do next! The disc comes in a funny wraparound cardboard sleeve, around the jewel case (like the Sloan "Navy Blues" cd). Do whatever it takes to find this cd, and you'll love it, too!” (From Indiapages.com).

Download : Seaside Stars - The Magic of Stereo